How to Study Tenses?

Tense is stretched tight or rigid (especially of a muscle), unable to relax (of a person). Causing or showing anxiety and nervousness. Phonetics (of a speech sound, especially a vowel) pronounced with the vocal muscles stretched tight. The opposite of lax. (in Oxford Dictionary).

A.    Present Tense
1.      Simple present tense { S + infinitive (add s/es if she, he, it) }
Ø  I go to school
Ø  She eats every day
2.      Present continuous tense { S + (am, is, are) + present participle (ing-form) }
Ø  They are studying Arabic now
Ø  I am thinking about Islam
3.      Present perfect tense { S + has / have + past participle (Verb 3) }
Ø  She has taught Arabic since two years ago
Ø  I have written it
4.      Present perfect continuous tense { S + has / have + been + present participle }
Ø  They have been reading Alquran since seven o’clock
Ø  She has been washing clothes for over two years

B.     Past Tense
1.      Simple past tense { S + past (Verb 2) }
Ø  I saw a good nasyid last night
Ø  She came here yesterday
2.      Past continuous tense { S + was / were + present participle (ing-form) }
Ø  They were talking about Islam when I met them
Ø  He was reading Alquran all afternoon yesterday
3.      Past perfect tense { S + had + past participle }
Ø  I had gone on holiday when my cousin came
Ø  Before the police came, the thief had escaped
4.      Past perfect continuous tense { S + had + been + present participle }
Ø  When I finished my dinner, my father had been reading Alquran
Ø  Aisyah had been reading three books when I visited her last night

C.     Future Tense
1.      Simple future tense { S + will / shall (just for I and we) + infinitive }
Ø  He will post the letter
Ø  I shall go to Palestine tomorrow
Ø  We shall meet in Batam next month
2.      Future continuous tense { S + will / shall + be + present participle }
Ø  I shall be working at seven o’clock tomorrow morning
Ø  At this time next year, you will be praying every day in Japan
3.      Future perfect tense { S + shall / will + have + past participle }
Ø  Agus will have done his work by the end of this month
Ø  If you visited my house tomorrow, I will have gone to Jakarta by then
4.      Future perfect continuous tense { S + shall / will + have + been + present participle }
Ø  Marfu’ah will have been attending mosque for two days by the end this day
Ø  By the end of this year we shall have been studying Arabic for three years

Study Tenses
D.    Past Future Tense
1.      Past future tense {S + should / would + infinitive}
Ø  I should go to Balikpapan the following day
Ø  He would buy a dictionary the previous day
2.      Past future continuous tense { S + should / would + be + present participle }
Ø  I should be taking an examination at this time the following day
3.      Past future perfect tense { S + should / would + have + past participle }
Ø  He would have graduated if he had studied hard
4.      Past future perfect continuous tense
{S + should / would + have + been + present participle}
Ø  By last month I should have been studying at that university for three years 
Ø By the end of this year last semester, Ahmad would have been studying Arabic at Al-Azhar university for four years.