English Lesson About Sentences

IQROZEN | English Lesson About Sentences. English is International language so we must to study how to speak English any more. Beside understand about English vocabulary, we also study about how to make sentence in English. Any some rules for make a good sentence in English and we must applied it. Read more about How to Study Tenses?

Sentence is a set of words that is complete in itself, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command and typically containing a subject and predicate. A series of signs or symbols expressing a proposition in an artificial or logical language.

A.    Elements of Sentence
1.      Subject: Arif, she, they, we, it.
2.      Predicate: Read, eating, auxiliary verb.
3.      Object: Alquran, me, him, us, them, it.
4.      Complement: Adjective, noun, adverb, preposition with object.

B.     Kinds of Sentence
1.      Simple sentence: Only one main verb.
-  I read Alquran every day
-  She is a teacher
-  I bored
2.      Compound sentence: Two simple sentences are joined by a conjunction.
-  Alimudin is happy but Ricardo is sad
-  The girl went pray when she heard athan
-  I want to visit your house if you invite me
 3.      Complex sentence: Using a main clause and a sub clause.
-  As soon as he arrived at the mosque, it was raining heavily
-  The women who is wearing a big veil is my sister
-  When I wanted to use it, the machine didn’t work
4.      Compound–complex sentence: Contain two/more main clause and one/more sub clause
-  The students read Alquran and they bring it in the classroom until they get out of the classroom 
-   I just visited my lecturer who was taken to the hospital three days ago and brought her a bunch of flower which my classmate bought from a flower-shop in front of our university.
Belajar menulis bahasa Inggris
by google